8. Good Image Examples
To help demonstrate the type of imagery we approve and prefer on KeyImagery, we have created this document full of real world examples. For each example, we show you why we like the image and why the image is suitable for stock photography.
- Image A - Quite a simple image this one, it has appeal because of the good composition and correct exposure with lovely subtle colour in the sky.
- Image B - A great composition, good exposure and sharp overall focus on the subject. Colour is saturated and natural also.
- Image C - Highly detailed items that have been clear-cut like this with a clipping path are fantastic and make using this image easy for designers and publishers as they don't need to edit out the background themselves.
- Image D - Great composition, strong vibrant colour and plenty of usage possibilities with lots of copy/text space in the sky.
- Image E - Good position of the boat within the frame and also nice natural saturated colour in the water and sky. This image could easily be used in a magazine or on a postcard.
- Image F - A great concept isolated nicely on a plain black background. Having a plain black, white or coloured background makes extending the boundry of the image easy and increases the usability.
- Image G - A great concept here with the teddy being in sharp focus and the foreground/background being blurred. The composition is also good as there is plenty of copy/text space to the left of the subject.
- Image H - Another good concept, created in PhotoShop, representing electricity and nuclear energy. Although the overall image is dark, it suits the subject and gives the image a 'deadly' mood.
- Image I - Excellent position of the subjects within the frame leaving plenty of copy/text space to the right. Nice saturated colour adds to the appeal.
- Image J - An energetic image showing some emotion and movement. A nicely composed shot with a beachy/summer feel.
- Image K - An interesting and unusual concept combined with the desaturated colours make another great image. Subject is positioned within the top right intersection of the 3rds composition rule.
- Image L - Textures are always handy and close-ups of everyday objects are always needed.
- Image M - Still life business images depicting real life business situations and scenes are always popular.
- Image N - A simple image yet showing lots of emotion. Sharp focus on the fingers and the background heavily blurred add mood along with the B&W colourspace. Many posibilities for these 'emotional' images.
More Good Image Examples
Our 'Stock of the Week' award gives a $5 credit to your account if your image is chosen as the weekly winner. We give the award to images that demonstrate the highest quality and outstanding commercial useability. Stock of the Week is also a great resource to see the type of imagery that our Media Managers love, so check it out regularly.
Published: 15/04/2007 | 1938 View(s)
Share on Facebook
Make a Comment