6. Images in Demand
Monday, July 1, 2013 by KeyImageryStocks| 999 Views
Looking through our stock collections, you'll notice we get a lot of certain types of images. There is nothing wrong with these images - they are just common and we get a lot of them. But, a sure fire way to increase your income is to provide us with something different, more unusual or sought after. Do that and it might just make the Popular Stock Images page.
Images In Demand
Here are some of the files that we like to see uploaded. Please note that this is not a definitive list, and our Stock Managers may reject photos at any time if they feel we have enough of a particular subject.
- Portraits of all races - Especially indigenous and people local to Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
- Cultural Images - The Maori haka or Fijian wedding dance for example.
- People in Business - Working on computers, shaking hands, making deals, conflicts, all within the office environment.
- Lifestyle Images - Including people socialising at home, in the country or in the city
- Groups & Teams - One person is great, two, three, four… just gets better and better.
- Concept Imagery - Images which visualise a cliche, common phrase, or local or global news topic.
- Sports - Rugby, soccer, netball, skateboarding etc.
- Rare Items and Artifacts - The more rare, the better.
- Illustrations - Vector and not bitmaped/rasterised.
- Backgrounds and Textures - Intriguing textures, effects, & treatments.
- Food and Beverages - Raw and cooked, alcoholic and refreshing, but definitely with people eating and drinking them.
- Fashion - People in modern styles of attire, and items of fashion are welcome
Images NOT In Demand
We're not currenly interested in files containing these subjects at the moment, either because we have plenty of them and/or they are just not big sellers. Please don't upload them unless they are uniquely spectacular images.
- Flowers - We have enough flowers in the catalogue and to be honest, they're just not in big demand
- Sunsets - They can look stunning, but we have enough sunsets for the moment thanks
- Plants - Including mushrooms and other foliage from around your garden.
- Animals - Including birds, your pets (cats, dogs etc) and insects.