Monday, July 1, 2013 by KeyImagery| 971 Views
An Editorial Licence grants the buyer specific use of this image for non-commercial and personal 'fair use' in editorials, magazines, newspapers, press releases, personal blogs, social networks, and other media including on-line/electronic publications. An image on an Editorial Licence must not be used for commercial use in any advertising, promotion or other media, unless all recognisable persons, trademarks and any other copyrighted subjects are censored or removed.
Permitted uses (in general) for an image with an Editorial Licence
Images purchased on a Editorial Licence gives the buyer the right to use the image in:
all non-commercial, not-for-profit and personal 'fair-use' applications including: books and book covers; magazines; newspapers; editorials; newsletters; press releases; personal blogs; video; broadcast and theatrical presentations, web pages and PowerPoint presentations.
Prohibited uses (in general) for an image with an Editorial Licence
Images purchased on a Editorial License must not be used in any:
- commercial and for-profit applications including (but not limited to): prints, posters (i.e. a hardcopy) and other reproductions for commercial/profit or promotional purposes;
- advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards (ie. not for resale or license);
- products where the photo or image really IS your product;
- products where the image is a main definitive part of your distributed product;
- as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- prints, posters (i.e. a hardcopy) and other reproductions where the purpose is for resale, license or other distribution;
- use or display any an image that features a model or person in a manner that would lead a reasonable person to think that such person uses or personally endorses any business, product, service, cause, association or other endeavour;
- use or display any image that depicts a model in a potentially sensitive subject matter, including, but not limited to mental and physical health issues, social issues, sexual or implied sexual activity or preferences, substance abuse, crime, physical or mental abuse or ailments, or any other subject matter that would be reasonably likely to be offensive or unflattering to the model.
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the Content or the rights granted under this Agreement;
- install and use the Content in more than one location at a time or post a copy of the Content on a network server or web server for use by other users.